Wednesday 1 October 2014

Psychopy in the IPython shell

Since finding Psychopy I've wanted the convenience of the IPython shell when writing scripts. The editor in Psychopy is OK but doesn't have all the nice features of IPython.

I had hoped that there might be a package in the conda environment but no such luck. The solution turned out to be Binstar.
I had been curious about Binstar since it started popping up as a suggestion whenever I tried to install something with conda and the package couldn't be found. It is basically user created packages and there was a package for Psychopy from Eric Kastman. I created a new conda environment with the command -
>> conda create -n psyk anaconda

I then activated this environment and installed Psychopy with Eric's package.

>> conda install -c https://conda.binstar.org/erik psychopy


I copied some tutorial code from  Psych711 created by Prof. Gary Lupya and ran it. 

There is a problem when I try to stop the Psychopy window but other than that 
it runs great!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment