Friday 12 September 2014

Advanced Statistical Analysis

When I was doing my honours year at Swinburne University, I was required to do a subject called Advanced Quantitative Analysis. By this stage my support of open source software had become strong enough for me to take on the subject using R. I had SPSS installed but only used it for checking the results.
I intended to blog the alternative analysis done in R as a resource for anyone else traveling the path less traveled. The workload and time restraints meant I didn't but today I think I see the opportunity to tick that box.

In the neural code group, one of the members has suggested we start with basic data file handling, cleaning the data and doing a t-test. So the first task is to generate some data.

There are several functions in R for generating random data.


No comments:

Post a Comment